How You Can Help
The church, the Body of Christ, is comprised of members with many talents and gifts. The willing hands and generous hearts of many make it possible for us to keep the doors open to Granny’s House. We know that each volunteer has something special to contribute and we encourage each to do what they are uniquely gifted to do!
If you simply wish to help keep supplies on hand, check out the Granny’s House Wish List. Here is a list of some things volunteers are doing or have done in the past:
- Men help out with “Sons of the King” which is the Granny’s House program for our 10-13 year old boys.
- Women help out with “The Princess Academy” which is the Granny’s House program for our 10-13 year old girls.
- Volunteer to clean Granny’s House after hours once a week or once a month.
- Provide transportation for group outings.
- Organize a gardening activity.
- Organize a fundraiser.
- Volunteer to help with clerical, administrative, or computing tasks.
- Some families are not able to volunteer, but they support us financially. Many families do both.
- Commit to a specific afternoon (4:00 to 6:00 p.m.) to play with and mentor the children; we need up to 20 volunteers per week.
- Organize a picnic, hayride or other special outing for the kids.
- Present a simple craft or event for an afternoon; cookie decorating, scrapbooking, or card making.
- Sponsor a pizza or ice cream party.
- Pray for the children, staff, groups and activities at Granny’s House; this is foundational to any success we have.
- Spring cleaning and landscaping.
- Read books to the children. They love this “low-tech” activity!
- Teach a series about prayer.
- Hands-on crafts that illustrate a Bible verse or principle.
- This Web site was created and designed by a volunteer.
There are literally “a million ways to serve” at Granny’s House!
Things we always need at Granny’s House include: